The New Balance W1080v4 Women's Running Shoe's N2 Cushioning system reduces the amount of material underfoot, but continues to deliver cushioning scores equal to or better than shoes with traditional midsole heights. The airmesh upper has been redesigned to offer better breathability and comfort, with a no sew construction that instead employs a series of welded, synthetic overlays; the fit is even better than before, with a shape that hugs the foot superbly. A T-Beam support shank adds durable, torsional midsole stability and ultimately prevents the shoe from twisting throughout the midfoot region. The shoe's principle cushioning ability is provided through an ABZORB® Crash Pad and Abzorb® Strobel Board technology blend. The former serves as an initial shock absorber in the heel to yield a soft, cushioned heelstrike that continues through the gait cycle as more pressure is placed upon the latter.
- FantomFit - A skeletally engineered upper that provides lightweight support and a custom fit. It is created by fusing two extremely thin materials with a no-sew process that eradicates seams, overlays and the number of potential fail points.
- ABZORB® Crash Pad - Provides consistent shock absorption.
- 8mm Differential - A lower, more natural profile encourages a more efficient gait.
- T-BEAM - Midsole shank which improves torsional midfoot stability and flexibility.
- Abzorb® Strobel Board - Increases the shoe's overall cushioning ability by continuing to support the foot as it progresses way from the heel strike and toward the forefoot toe off.