An aggressive, durable, neutral, trail shoe with sublime cushioning and a sticky toothed outsole, the La Sportiva Mutant Trail Running Shoes is just at home up the side of mountain as it is through muddy trails. Can you tame the Mutant? Upper Integrated FusiongateTM Technology Lacing Harness with High Frequency reinforcements offers a fantastic fit on the ascent and descent. Coupled with the SpyraltongueTM which is an anatomical opening that allows easy entry. A high cut ankle cuff provides added protection for the ankle and achilles, it also helps to prevent debris entering the shoe when running through scree or loose mud. Breathability is enhanced thanks to an Airmesh upper constructed of nylon fabric woven into a breathable mesh pattern. This is combined with a 4-way stretch dynamic scree guard that allows your foot to move with the shoe yet stops detritus entering when running off road. Midsole It may have an aggressive persona but the Mutant takes care of your feet with an injection molded EVA midsole that is soft yet supportive under foot, making even the most treacherous of rock faces and scree simple to traverse. A TPU stabilizer helps to support the foot on uneven terrain. Outsole Sticky FriXion® XF V-Groove outsole is La Sportiva's proprietary sticky climbing rubber formula, applied in this sense to make a rugged toothed outsole capable of gripping even the loosest of rock and scree. The Mutant also makes use of La Sportiva's Impact Brake System, a system whereby the lugs oriented in opposing slanted directions. This increases braking power by an average of 20% and decreases impact forces by and average of 20%, meaning you can attack the trails at full pace with full confidence in your footwear.
- Integrated FusiongateTM Technology Lacing Harness - Creates a comfortable feel and a locked in fit.
- SpyraltongueTM - For easy entry.
- Injection molded EVA - An EVA midsole provides sublime cushioning and impact protection from sharp rocks.
- Sticky FriXion® XF V-Groove - Sticky climbing rubber formula that has been injection molded to make lugged outsoles.
- Impact Brake System (I.B.S.) - A proprietary technology in outsole design where the lugs of the soles are oriented in opposing slanted directions. This opposition increases braking power by an average of 20% and decreases impact forces by and average of 20%.