The Mizuno Wave Paradox 2 is an updated version of the previous Paradox, now featuring further support and cushioning to provide a more comfortable run. A full length double fan wave controls overpronation, whilst an additional millimetre of rubber on the updated outsole provides additional durability. Upper The Paradox 2 is constructed with an AIRmesh upper for utmost breathability and comfort, whilst the Mizuno Intercool ventilation system in the sole of the shoe draws heat and humidity away from the foot, ensuring a cool, dry and comfortable ride. New motion-capture DynamotionTM Fit system allows the upper of the shoe to interact with the movement of the foot, relieving stress which causes distortion. This results in the fit being maintained throughout the full range of the movement. SmoothRide is designed to give the most fluid, smooth, rocking chair-like motion in every step. Midsole The Mizuno U4iC Wave midsole has been designed to be unlike other shoe technologies. When your foot touches the ground, Wave reduces and redirects impact forces away from the foot. Acting a lot like your car's suspension, it cushions and keeps your foot centred in the shoe throughout your stride. Mizuno are gearing different shoes to fit the unique stride of different runners, through the development of multiple wave shapes. So if its a local jog or running past the 20 mile marker, Wave will always feel amazing underfoot. Outsole The X-10 sole provides Mizuno's most durable carbon rubber, allowing for longer wear in high impact areas and enhances traction at heel strike.
- Double Fan Wave - Full length double fan wave controls overpronation by engaging Wave plate earlier.
- SMOOTHRIDE - Analysis of forefoot transition shows that for the smoothest, most efficient ride runners require shoes that flex easily at first and then become less flexible for an energy efficient toe off
- Mizuno Intercool - Keep your feet cool and dry at all times by incorporating full length ventilation system in the sole which removes heat and humidity.
- AIRmesh - For lightweight breathability keeping your foot from sweating and over-heating.
- X-10 - Provides the most durable carbonrubber from Mizuno that alllows for longer wear in high impact areas and provides more traction at heel strike.