Mizuno Wave Ekiden 9 Running Shoes are a traditional Japanese racing flat construction for a fast, low-slung ride. For those runners who are looking for a lightweight, low profile racing flat to take their performance to a new level and to shave time off their p.b's. Weighing in at 140g these are ideal to use purely for racing to help improve performance. The Ekiden 9 features technologies built for performance. Although superbly lightweight, it is still cushioned utilising Mizuno's Wave technology constructed from Pebax Rnew material. Mizuno Wave is a unique shape that dissipates force away from the foot for a smoother, more cushioned feel on every step. Used in conjunction with this is Smoothride technology which is a rocking-chair like design which allows a much smoother transition from heel strike to toe off. To further aid performance the Ekiden uses a G3 outsole which offers maximum ground contact with minimum weight to optimize grip, durability, and propulsion. It also offers grip on a variety of surfaces including running tracks.
- Pebax Rnew - Made using plant based oils, this shoe is environmentally friendly.
- X-10 - Provides the most durable carbonrubber from Mizuno that alllows for longer wear in high impact areas and provides more traction at heel strike.
- Resin Wave - In the heel which is tuned for quick turnover.
- G3 Outsole - Offers maximum ground contact with minimum weight to optimize grip, durability, and propulsion.
- Air Mesh - Breathable and Cool. AIRmesh allows each running shoe from Mizuno to maintain a high standard of breathability for the life of the shoe, and allows the foot to stay cool.