Regional Technical Days for coaches
Regional Technical Days for coaches
The Regional Technical Days will be a series of workshops taking place in 6 different locations on the 7th or 8th November 2015 and 19th March 2016.
Information on the locations will be on www.ulearnathletics.com from September 2015.
Who can attend?
All athletics coaches who want to develop their technical understanding can attend but the day is specifically targeted at Athletics Coach, Coaching in Running Fitness, and existing Level 2 and 3 coaches.Â Coaches who have previously been involved with the LCDP and benefited from the technical curriculum are also welcome to attend.
The aim of the Regional Technical Workshops:
To deliver the technical âwhat to coachâ material with the aim of supporting the content contained on the Athletics Coach or Coach in Running Fitness qualifications, but also adding to the knowledge and practice base of established coaches.Â Â The content will be delivered by National Coach Mentors and National Coach Development Programme coaches
Morning Session on 8th (7th in one venue) November 2015 will cover the psychological aspects of coaching, including:
- Opportunity to reflect on self and own practice
- Competition preparation
- Anxiety (competition / training)
Practical tools to adopt from personal goal setting, planning, visualisation methods, self-affirmation, positivity and assertiveness, de-cluttering â keeping focus
Morning Session on the 19th March 2016 will cover nutritional aspects of coaching, including:
- General Nutritional Advice â importance of eating a balanced and healthy diet underpins everything we do as individuals and athletes
- Specific foods to eat pre training and competing, and recovery
- Sources of nutrition Â
- SupplementsÂ should only be considered after working through the above and recognising that there is a risk to supplements
The Practical afternoon sessions will be delivered in event groups i.e. throws, speed, endurance and jumps.Â As an example coaches choosing jumps will be taken through the key progressions for high, triple and long jump providing clear information around technical development and practical ideas and content to progress athletesâ technical skills.Â (Note; Hammer and Pole Vault coaches will be catered for in a separate morning session which will mean missing the nutrition or psychology sessions.Â We will ensure this material is sent to these delegates.)
How do I book onto the Regional Technical days?
- To book onto the workshop please visit our uLearn website
- Click onto the first box and scroll down to Regional Technical Days
- Press search to see all workshops across nationally or type in your post code and then press search. This will give you a number of workshops to choose from. To book onto your chosen workshop, click onto the red DETAIL button.
You will then need to register your contact details by clicking the red BOOK button to the right of the page.
PLEASE NOTE: licensed leaders and coaches should login so your data is added to your professional record. If you do not login we cannot add this at a later date.
- Your URN number will be your licence number, if you have forgotten your username or password please press the link to retrieve your details or alternatively contact England Athletics Membership Services Team.
How much are the workshops?
The workshops will be Â£20 per person for the day.
Who do I contact for further information on the workshops?
Click onto www.englandathletics.org/your-areaÂ and using the map click on the specific area you are looking for and then contact your local Club and Coach Support Officer.
If I have booked but cannot attend now who do I contact?
If you cannot attend a workshop that you have booked onto please contact Zena Weeks (firstname.lastname@example.org). As the spaces are limited we would want to open your space to another coach or leader.
What will I need to bring on the day?
On the day please bring your printed confirmation email.
Coaches to bring their own packed lunch and drinks. Some facilities may have a canteen or cafe area, but some will have no areas available to buy lunch.
The workshop will be 75% practical so please bring suitable clothing i.e. trainers, shorts / tracksuit bottoms.
2015 Consultation: Please give your views on important matters affecting the sport. Our 2015 Consultation Survey is now live at www.englandathletics.org/england-athletics-consultation-2015
For more information about being a registered athlete and the offers available to you please head to www.englandathletics.org/registration
To access New Balance's England Athletics friends and family 10% off all products discounts and how to receive details of their exclusive registered athlete offers head to www.englandathletics.org/new-balance
|Tweets by @EnglandAthletic|